Sunday, August 5, 2007

Getting ready for college

Hi all,

It has been way to long since I posted. too many things are going on in my life. I am sending my son off to college in less than 2 weeks. It seems like just yesterday he was a baby. We went to the campus, about 1 1/2 hours form home on Wednesday to job search. he put in a few applications but nothing yet. he really needs to get a job because financial aid is not what it needs to be. oh well, the Lord is in control.
my little one, age 7, has big plans for when he is the big guy in the house. things like building a tree house and studying trains. You see we homeschool. I found out this week that one of my favorite homeschool sources is running some sales. if you homeschool or if you like to read really good histroical fiction check out Sonlight. Click the catalog to sign up for a free, yes free catalog. One of the few I have ever read cover to cover.
After that they are offering some great deals. check out this link.

Ok, now back to my life. As if I didn't have enough going on, trying to get one ready for college, decide all the details of homeschooling a 7 yr old, take of of a VERY active 3 yr old, and get a ready to teach co-op classes. My husband finds these great bunk beds at a gargae sale on Saturday. Well it was a deal so we bought them but in order to get the room ready, now i have to PAINT a kids room. Well off we go, mister 7 and me to the store, Wal-mart of course, to buy paint. What does he decide, RED and Yellow with a Nascar board and green trim! WOW! I thought yuck but the red and yellow are done and they look good. tomorro its green and border. vaccuum and probably scrub the carpet then we have a bedroom. i am going to ahve to visit jodiesmall.com for comforters and some cool Nascar stuff. I think I have jst the store:


Get your name on a NASCAR with Fan1st.com

I'll be sure to post some pictures when its finished.

Well, with all of this, I haven't had much time for updating jodiesmall.com and I know there are 2 coupons just begging me to update them. the joy of a virtual mall is that it will be open 24/7 whether or not I have time to be there in person. I did buy a laptop and will now be able to work while at gymnastics and football practice and anywhere else i happen to be with the little ones. Better go for now, sure wish someone read this thing. I will figure out how to get readers eeventually.......

No comments: